Tuesday, October 8, 2013

how i learned to love solo travel

How I learned to love solo travel by Cate Huston Being in the navy I got to see and experience different culture, foods, and lifestyle. As I read Cate Huston, I feel sorry for her. She gives very good advice on travel, its just not having someone to share with immediately, really is sad. When I travel I enjoyed my experience with my friends and shipmates. We took plenty of pictures and later we would discuss and laugh over a good beer and steak about our last adventures. One bad experience on traveling can ruin your fun. We are trained to never travel alone to always have a buddy and keep in formed where you are at all times. To many times I find navy buddies getting rolled in different cities and all their money taken. When I go out with my buddies I usually take about two to three guys, anything bigger and you will end up babysitting. You gotta be an extravert, I have met so many people, that are willing to help you out the majority off time with directions or a ride. At times yes it can be a bit cumbersome but if you don’t like it there is always free will. Plenty of times my friends go to the first bar and stay there for the rest off the night, I just leave I go else where to enjoy the sights and take in the culture. Hotel lobbies are the best place to rest, get food and directions. Hotel bathrooms are always clean. I still give the girl props for her travel and her advice, which is really useful, but I have to have someone with me to share a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment