Friday, December 6, 2013

A Black Rose for Critical Thinking in school


A black Rose for school

Lewis black and Mike Rose are pretty much alike in how they talk about school system and their sarcasm about school. Lewis is obvious  a comedian and had timing, as Mike Rose wouldn’t do good as a comedian, I believe his timing would be off other than he is making a funny point about school and about how higher up educators have lost the sense of teaching and have become CEO.

Case in point two examples, “to convince policy makers and school officials to stop using corporate speech, when talking about education. “Game changer”, “nonstarter”,” leverage” “incentivize” and so on. We should chastise our students for resorting to such a cliché vocabulary. Education of all places should reflect a fresher language” and t” to make fewer with economist in the education. These practioners of the dismal science have flocked to education reform. Though most know little about teaching and learning. I mean, my lord with a few exception they did such a terrific job analyzing the financial and housing markets, something they do know a lot about”  

As do Lewis black make fun of the newsman anchor for NBC when ask how they can help, “just walk in and ask how can I help? Does your school need a bathroom monitor? What kind of idiot walks in and says I am not qualified but I want to teach…………? Tony Danza…duh “

The differences and its only one while Lewis Black skims the surfaces on these topics, Mike Rose is really digging deeper or has deeper information, and why shouldn’t he. He is qualified to talk about this subject and obviously know more. Just like what does Oprah, Obama and Steve jobs know about education. Yea they studied in school and I’m sure they are critical thinkers but would you take education information from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment